Undertake a number of national projects
From 2010 to 2018, Sinopharm and its subsidiaries undertook a total of 140 national projects, and received 630.578 million yuan from the central government and 601.564 million yuan from the central government. Among them, there are 6 863 programs, 6 science and technology support programs, 18 major new drug creation special projects, 9 major infectious diseases special projects, 1 international cooperation project of the Ministry of Science and Technology, 1 emergency special project of the Ministry of Science and Technology, 10 state-owned capital projects, and protein drugs from the National Development and Reform Commission There are 4 special projects, 2 other ministries and commissions, and 89 provincial and municipal projects.
During the “Twelfth Five-Year Plan” and “Thirteenth Five-Year Plan” period, the 863 plan "Key technologies and product development for vaccine research and development" and the 863 plan "Key technologies and product development for new vaccines such as genetic reassortment and multivalent rotavirus" were completed. Subject, major new drug creation technology major project "Vaccine comprehensive technology research and development platform construction", "Japanese encephalitis live attenuated vaccine and polio live attenuated vaccine international pre-certification" project, Ministry of Science and Technology emergency special "H7N9 avian influenza virus vaccine" Research and development of key technologies and product development" and other topics. The major results achieved include:
1. 19 innovative vaccine varieties applied for clinical research, of which 14 received clinical approvals and 5 received acceptance numbers.
2. Two innovative vaccine varieties applied for new drug certificates and production document numbers, obtained 1 new drug registration acceptance letter, and 1 drug supplementary application approval. Among them, the EV71 inactivated vaccine continues to publish the results of EV71 vaccine clinical trials in the internationally renowned medical journal "The Lancet", marking China's world leading position in EV71 vaccine development and has won international authoritative recognition.
3. The live attenuated Japanese encephalitis vaccine and the live attenuated polio vaccine have passed the WHO international pre-certification.
4. Breakthrough 5 key technologies for vaccine development, including polysaccharide-protein conjugate vaccine technology, multi-linked multivalent vaccine and updated vaccine technology, high-efficiency expression system genetic engineering vaccine technology, large-scale cell culture vaccine technology, and new delivery system vaccine technology. The level of R&D technology is basically in line with international standards.
5. Published 65 academic papers and applied for 15 technical invention patents.